• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Brain anourysm from straining too hard

bignbrown

Bluelighter
i just went to the toilet and strained very hard as i was constipated from opiate use, now half an hour later i can feel an odd feeling off pressure in the right side of my head, and kind of behind my right eye, im VERY paranoid i could of done something to the blood veseels from straining too hard, how long after doing it would i notice serious symptoms if i had caused a vessel to burst?

thanks

edit: just to say im only asking about this as i read about straing too hard can cause this to happen in another thread.

Last edited:
It is likely you have broken a blood vessel. However, this is usually harmless and simply straining will not cause a brain aneurysm.

Don't worry yourself to death.

Wasn't that how Elvis died?

It's probably nothing, but if you notice anything worse than a headache starting (like blurry vision, dizziness), I might get it checked out.

Elvis died from a massive and long term diet of drugs that included both depressants and stimulants. He was very overweight, had hypertension, liver, kidney, and colon problems. His drug use exacerbated all of these and it was only a matter of time before his heart gave out. The fact that he was in the bathroom had nothing to do with it. He did not die from a brain aneurysm.